Here's one thing I am really looking forward to — a week in Vermont in January. Yes, January. What could be better than the hills and trees of Vermont in January? I'll tell you what...a week in Vermont surrounded by fellow artists in January, that's what.
North Country Studio Workshops has invited me to teach the wandering line of free-motion stitching surrounded by fellow artists on the cozy campus of Bennington College January 23-28. Here's what their website says about the experience: "You will be immersed in a community of artists. Share meals in the dining hall, attend evening faculty lectures, and relax in the cozy shared living rooms at the end of the day. Or perhaps you will return to the studio after dinner and work late into the night. The college students are away on winter break, so we have the place all to ourselves."
“I think it’s a gorgeous setting. It’s a stunning place to be for inspiration, and for quiet, and for just finding peace within yourself.” — A 2016 Workshop Participant
“It’s the total package, the immersive experience that makes NCSW so extraordinary.” — A 2016 Workshop Participant
Workshop - January 23-28, 2018
- Learn to focus on the character of line and symbols through simple exercises.
- Translate line to thread and develop techniques to accept the imperfect,
accelerate ideas, and stitch from your imagination.
- Learn new tools for seeing, interpreting and completing concept-driven work.
- Private rooms, single beds, shared baths
- Shared living room in each house